Boardmasters 2017

A perfect week of sunshine, music, surfing and friends in Cornwall! Last week a bunch of us went on a road trip down to Newquay for Boardmasters Festival and it has to have been one of the best weeks by far. I just want to share a few memories and snaps from the week away and to tell you about a few artists and bands I got the chance to see and that I'm in lurrrve with too!

All will be linked to their Spotify so you can check them out and have a listen too.


Wednesday we explored around the arena and looked around the stalls, checked out the different food we wanted to try out and pitched our tents which weren't so successful when it is gale force winds snapping the tent poles (but that's another story). Thursday we headed to Fistral beach to check out what was going on down there! The surfing had been cancelled that day due to the weather conditions but we sat, ate food, watched the BMX trials and soaked up the atmosphere. One thing I loved about this festival it was so chill yet filled with so much to do and see.


Friday came and the festival had properly started. After seeing Tom Zanetti live in Sailors at the Afterparties we were pretty tired but we didn't let that put a damper on the rest of our weekend. Of course, we saw the main headline for the Friday, Two Door Cinema Club, who were a-m-azing!! 

During the day we explored the stages, found our feet and I discovered a few artists I have come to love! It was the same on Saturday, we knew the headliners we wanted to see but it was nice to be able to listen to new music from existing artists and new upcoming bands too. A few of these were Newton FaulknerFrances, The Vaccines, Laura Mvula, Kate Nash and Get Inuit

This festival was perfect for me as I loved the mix of sitting in a field chilling and listening to music whilst taking it all in, however, I do love a good dance around and being right in the middle of the crowd dancing away. On Saturday it had to be my favourite day as on the night I got to see Jax Jones (again) and I was blessed to hear Pete Tong and Solardo bash out a few tunes as well as Gorgon City live which was incredible!!

The final day came and we tried to make the most of it by seeing as much as we possibly could so we ended up seeing Stormzy, Ziggy Marley, The Amazons, smaller artists such as Daisy Clark and the big headliner Alt-J. I have to say each and everyone we saw blew me away and left me gobsmacked. 

Sadly, everything has to come to an end which we were all gutted about as I don't know about you, but there is something about 50,000 people stood in fields, singing their hearts out and dancing that makes me very happy! There are many more artists and things I want to talk about with you guys but I won't bore you. Also, keep your eyes peeled for a vlog from that week!

SHARE:
© Hannah-Mae. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig